Community Service

How do I find out additional information about renting Bentwater Yacht & Country Club facilities for special events?

Please call the Director of Catering & Events, Liberty Brady at 936-597-2438.

I want to take down a tree in my yard. Do I need permission to do that?

Bentwater has been developed so as to harmonize with our natural environment.  Trees are a prominent and important component of our community. As such, our covenants, conditions and restrictions require that live, healthy trees be preserved to the maximum extent possible.  The removal of any tree of any type and size located five feet (5') or more outside the foundation and driveway on any lot in Bentwater must be reviewed and approved in writing by the Architectural Control Committee (ACC) prior to removal. Failure to secure written approval of the Committee prior to removal of any tree of any type and size located outside the setback line on any lot may result in a fine of Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($2,500.00) for each tree removed without approval.  Should you determine that a tree is dead, dying, diseased, or posing a threat to people or property, please call the Bentwater Property Owners Association at 936-597-5532. Someone from the staff will pay you a visit and determine whether the tree may be removed and the application process.

If I want to: paint my home, take down a dead tree on my lot, put on an addition, add to my landscaping, put in a satellite dish, or add a fence - What do I need to do?

For most exterior improvements to an existing house you must have approval from the Architectural Control Committee (ACC) prior to making the improvement.  Please call the Bentwater Property Owners Association at 936-597-5532 for information on the need for approval and the ACC approval process.

My home is a resale and I don't have the floor plans, I'd really like a copy for my records. Can I do that?

The Bentwater Property Owners Association has copies all house plans, plans are available for viewing at the POA Office. Just give them a call at 936-597-5532 to let them know and the plans will be available when you arrive.  They do not allow plans to leave the office and do not allow photocopying due to possible copyright violations. A copy of your house plans can be made for $25 payable to the Bentwater Property Owners Association.

Whom do I contact to register a concern about a problem in my neighborhood?

If the problem is controlled or caused by a neighbor, you should first try to resolve the issue by talking to that neighbor. Most of the time, a friendly chat is more effective than a call or visit from the "authorities." Issues such as trees that appear to endanger people or property, pole light outages, drainage issues, excessive noise, pet nuisances and the alike should be addressed to Bentwater Property Owners Association at 936-597-5534, or use the “Contact Us” menu item on the website by selecting POA Services in the “Send To” dropdown menu, or use the "Deed Restriction Violation Report Form in the "Resident" menu "Forms" section on this information portal. The question will then be directed to the appropriate POA staff member.

More immediate issues, such as suspicious activity or vandalism , should be referred to non-emergency Sheriff Office at 936-760-5800 and of course for true emergencies dial 911. The greeters at the Bentwater gates ARE NOT security personnel and can not leave their posts.